Summary of Job:
Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to provide strategically aligned business value.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the process of translating user requirements/processes into system designs.
- Working with Product Managers as well as numerous other stakeholders to elicit, clarify, elaborate, synthesize, simplify and organize requirements in the form of user stories.
- Ensuring all user stories have clear and measurable success criteria to inform automated testing.
- Organize and analyze data elements to inform product priorities and KPI tracking.
- Working with Engineering team to ensure product vision and priorities are maintained throughout development planning and execution.
- Developing and maintaining strategies, plans, scripts and cases for User Acceptance Testing purposes.
- Ensuring products have met acceptance criteria sufficient for release, including accessibility, mobile, and edge case tests.
- Coordinate and manage releases, including deployment of approved features and maintaining evidence of proper production release protocols to ensure compliance with auditing requirements.
- Monitoring of product bug queues in order to validate, triage and prioritize fixes.
Key Requirements and skills include:
- At least 2-4 years experience in Business Analyst or Quality Assurance roles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive the requirements gathering process, determine needs and clearly articulate as simple use cases and acceptance criteria for feature enhancements and new products.
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements.
- Experience in Process Mapping and Improvement (UML, BPMN 2.0).
- Ability to rapidly grasp concepts and think creatively about solutions.
- Familiarity with Agile software development and deployment processes.
- Experience with data management and reporting tools.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- The urge to be part of a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks, and approaches to delivery
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity.
- Salesforce experience beneficial.
It is important to note that in some cases there are US hours involved.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.