Summary of Job:
Envision, plan, design and coordinate the implementation of systems and processes that provide strategically aligned business value to the Education department.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Assess business needs utilizing a structured requirements process (elicitation, gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advises on options.
- Compile, define, and communicate business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
Analyze business processes and procedures to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
- Compile user test cases and system integration testing and validates test results during testing.
- Monitor testing processes to ensure that business requirements are adequately met with minimal disruption to operations.
Ensure test strategies involve appropriate integration and process components.
Ensure integrity of the Education systems, for the Short Course Portfolio, from an architectural and maintenance perspective are maintained in satisfying client requirements.
- Stakeholder Management
- Foster and maintain superb communication between team members and business units.
- May meet regularly with BSA team to gather work statuses.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback to BSA’s.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Maintain business unit backlog management processes.
- Monitor and ensure the stability of all systems for which you are responsible and/or that your business units rely on.
- Manage business stakeholder/client expectations.
- Understand the domain(s) for which you will be responsible.
- Work closely with functional business units to achieve strategic priorities through the implementation or refinement of business systems and processes.
- Proactively seek opportunities for automation or scale within the business.
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with business units in order to provide effective solutions to their problems.
- Manage ambiguity and dependencies around business requirements.
- Promote continuous self-improvement.
- Build and maintain a mutually respectful relationship with fellow team members.
Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years+ ICT job-related experience of which 2+ years should be as a Business and/or Systems Analyst.
- Superb communication skills required.
- Ability to rapidly grasp concepts and think creatively about solutions.
- A sound understanding of a wide variety of technologies. Previous technical experience preferred.
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity.
- Experience and certification in process thinking (Lean, KanBan, 6-Sigma, etc.) preferred.
- Experience leveraging Software as a Service to achieve business value delivery.
- Proficient in SQL, MySQL.
- Exposure to Project Management best practices and processes advantageous.
- IT framework certifications (ITIL, COBIT, etc.) advantageous.
- Experience in Process Mapping and Improvement (UML, BPMN 2.0).
- Demonstrated experience with working within project teams in order to delivery medium to large IT related projects.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including aptitude towards problem identification, resolution, comprehension and interpretation of technical procedures.
- Interpersonal/relationship building skills with technical and business personnel.
- Ability to manage time and prioritization of workload.
- Ability to work in a team within a diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Degree in ICT Related field.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.