Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Contributing towards and supporting in the fullstack of UX design disciplines at an intermediate level, including
- creating design mockups and prototyping,
- solving user problems using design thinking,
- defining user flows and interactions,
- testing the usability of the product,
- researching, collecting and analysing user usage data,
- information architecture, and communicating user needs, as well as
- reporting back on project results.
- Contributing towards and helping to maintain UX guidelines and principles to be followed and adopted not only by the UX designers, but by anyone who is a part of influencing the development of a user experience within a product development lifecycle.
Education and Experience:
- 2 or more years of experience in UX design while working closely with a software development team.
- Portfolio of examples of UX design work, in order to demonstrate solving a problem through analysis and then design.
- Experience working with software that creates mockups and prototypes. We use Sketch and InVision, but equivalents could also be considered as experience.
- Experience working with user behaviour data collection software. We use Google Analytics, Hotjar and UserTesting.com, but equivalents could also be considered as experience.
What you'll get from us:
A high growth company that is rapidly emerging as a leader in the South African Edtech space
- Continuous training with opportunities for professional development
- A deep commitment to fostering a great work-life balance
- A huge support system
The opportunity to continue your own education: we pay for two continuing education GetSmarter short courses a year for every GetSmarter employee
Why It’s Great to Work at GetSmarter
GetSmarter offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our office is a social place. We believe that a community of motivated, healthy and happy employees is key to a thriving team. This is why we place huge importance on the culture at GetSmarter and creating an environment that brings out the best in our team.
GetSmarter offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Subsidised medical aid
- Subsidised healthy meals and in-house canteen
- Subsidised in-house biokineticist
- Free gym
- Generous paid leave policies
- Free enrolment in two GetSmarter-powered online short courses annually
- A complimentary caffeine kick every morning and afternoon, made by our in-house barista
- Fun theme days and spontaneous activities planned by our culture squad
About GetSmarter and 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
GetSmarter is an online education company based in Cape Town. We collaborate with leading universities globally to offer premium continuing education short courses that allow working professionals to expand and update their skill set, and advance their careers. In 2017, GetSmarter was acquired by 2U, Inc, a leader in the online higher education market.
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.