- Course starts:*
- 26 August 2020
*Estimated time frame
- 8 weeks, excluding orientation
- 5–7 hours per week, entirely online
- Price: USD $2,500
- Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
The course is launching soon
When it comes to doing business in the U.S., the legal landscape is becoming increasingly complex.
Learn to mitigate risk in your organization with the Business Law online program from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. In each module, you’ll identify and explore how key legal principles might be used as a powerful business tool for developing strong offensive and defensive business strategies.
You’ll learn how to protect your business from liability for the wrongful acts conducted by employees, mitigate the risk of being sued for negligence, and successfully navigate antitrust laws to avoid litigation. You’ll also investigate the enforceability of commercial contracts and learn how to leverage the protection afforded by copyrights, patents, and trademarks.
By utilizing the foundational knowledge learned in this program you’ll avoid the possibility of losing — or never having had — the protections offered by certain legal business structures.
After successfully completing this highly interactive and supported online learning journey, you’ll walk away with:
A personalized playbook that will provide you with the framework needed to develop offensive and defensive legal business strategies
Essential legal knowledge to guide the strategic direction of your business, mitigate risk, and to make more informed and effective leadership decisions
A certificate from a leading business school in executive education1
1 Economist (2019).
Leveraging the knowledge of industry experts and thought leaders from the Kellogg School of Management, this course will cover the following topics:
- Orientation Module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 Legal systems and the role of regulation
- Module 2 Agency and employment law
- Module 3 Tort law: Establishing liability for civil wrongs
- Module 4 Leveraging contract law for commercial success
- Module 5 Antitrust and competition law
- Module 6 Developing an intellectual property strategy
- Module 7 Corporations, LLCs, partnerships and other business entities
- Module 8 Corporate governance and the duties of officers and directors
This Business Law online program is currently being developed by the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, in collaboration with GetSmarter. The details above are illustrative of the final course, however may be subject to change.