David Shrier, German Canale, and Alex “Sandy” Pentland take you through the evolution of money technology with this report. This paper explores the terrain of mobile money and payments technology, the dynamics of the current system, and potential future areas for innovation.
6 Themes you’ll explore with this MIT report:
- The definition of digital and mobile money and the evolution of money technology
- The mobile money ecosystem and the players integral to its development
- The platforms available for mobile trading as well as the benefits of this form of money transferal
- The movements, players and obstacles for international remittance
- The usage of mobile payments by varying companies
- The future of alternative forms of money and the fintech revolution
Do you want access to the thoughts of industry leaders?
Browse a selection of tech-related online short courses from the world’s top universities.
To find out more about the ways in which fintech is changing our world, read through the other Financial Technology and Innovation reports here.