Your digital marketing strategy relies on your ability to understand and implement aspects such as search engine optimisation (SEO).
If you want to understand what SEO is watch this video where Tim Withers, Marketing Manager at GetSmarter, explains the concept of search engine optimisation.
Using SEO to get your organisation’s website to rank highly on a results page of a search engine is something that every digital marketer needs to be familiar with. No digital marketing plan would be complete without an exhaustive SEO strategy.
Unethical SEO techniques can be used to exploit search engines’ algorithms, and these kinds of techniques will lead to a website being banned from results pages. You need to learn how to identify and avoid these kinds of techniques.
Correct search engine optimisation will benefit your marketing strategy in the following ways:
- Increased traffic through a better search engine results page ranking (SERP)
- Return on investment measured via analyses and in-depth metrics
- Cost effectiveness as your traffic becomes more targeted to relevant and interested users
- Improved site navigation along with the site restructuring included in SEO techniques
- Increased brand awareness by listing higher on search results pages
SEO is a skill that is relatively easy to learn the basics of, but requires deep learning in order to grasp the more complex techniques. Getting a first-rate introduction to SEO from experts in the field is the best way to ensure that you are able to fully utilise search engine optimisation in your digital marketing plan.
Give yourself the best preparation possible to use search engine optimisation in your digital marketing plan.
Study the UCT Digital Marketing online short course today.
SEO is Search Engine Optimisation, which is the practice of optimising your website to search engine best practices to ensure that you maximise your volumes of relevant traffic.