To better understand where financial technology (fintech) is headed, it’s important to have an awareness of where it has come from, and the journey it’s taken to get to where it is now.
The adoption of fintech trends is testament to not only the willingness of the financial industry to adapt and evolve, but to the speed at which it does so. A solid understanding of fintech innovation possibilities, along with case studies on market impacts, will stand you in good stead for a future of inevitable financial disruption.
Prepare yourself for the financial possibilities of fintech
Expand your knowledge with an online fintech course
- 1 Thomas, M., and Morse, J. (Jul, 2017). ‘Fintech – Origins and prognosis’. Retrieved from ResearchGate.
- 2 (2016). ‘6 Technologies that are hundreds of years older than you think’. Retrieved from Steemit.
- 3 Gerson, E. (Nov, 2007). ‘Pre-plastic credit: Charge plates, coins, celluloids’. Retrieved from Creditcards.com.
- 4 (Jul, 2014). ‘Assessment of compliance with the core principles for systemically important payment systems’. Retrieved from The Fedwire Funds Service.
- 5 Keynes, J. (1919). ‘The economic consequences of the peace’. Retrieved from McMaster University.
- 6 Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- 7 (Mar, 1986). ‘Quotron expects board to reject Citicorp bid’. Retrieved from The New York Times.
- 8 Hansen, S. (Jan, 1994). ‘Citicorp passes off Quotron, predicts big quarterly profit’. Retrieved from The New York Times.
- 9 (1997). ‘The Telegraph’. Retrieved from Encyclopedia.com.
- 10 Batiz-Lazo, B., and Reid, R. (Jun, 2008). ‘Evidence from the patent record on the development of cash dispensing technology’. Retrieved from University of Leicester.
- 11 Terrell, E. (Oct, 2012). ‘History of the American and NASDAQ Stock Exchanges’. Retrieved from Business Reference Services.
- 12 (2004). ‘E-Trade financial corporation history’. Retrieved from Funding Universe.
- 13 (Nov, 2013). “UK’s first online banking service Homelink hits 30”. Retrieved from Finextra.
- 14 U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- 15 Zimmerman, E. (Apr, 2016). ‘The evolution of Fintech’. Retrieved fromThe New York Times.
- 16 Davis, J. (Oct, 2011). ‘The crypto-currency’. Retrieved from The New Yorker.
- 17 (2018). ‘G Pay’. Retrieved from Google Pay
- 18 Russell, J. (2017). ‘Alibaba debuts ‘smile to pay’ facial recognition payments at KFC in China’. Retrieved from Tech Crunch.