- Course starts*:
- 15 May 2019
*Estimated time frame
- 6 weeks, excluding orientation
- 7-10 hours per week, entirely online
- Price: GBP £2,650
- Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
The course is launching soon
Artificial intelligence (AI) is an exciting and highly debated area of technology that holds great potential in all sectors of the economy. Because of this, modern business leaders across industries need to recognise the scope of its impact, and learn how to adapt and implement strategies to benefit from it.*
The Oxford Artificial Intelligence Programme from Saïd Business School, University of Oxford aims to provide participants with a sound understanding of the mechanics behind AI technology and how it functions, as well as its potential and limitations.
This programme provides participants with empirical research from the wider University of Oxford, as well as real-life case studies surrounding AI implementation, in order to help them think critically about its ethical, legal, and societal implications.
Participants will also gain the insight to make an informed business case for AI implementation to solve a specific problem within their organisation or sector.
* McKinsey Global Institute (May, 2018)
After successfully completing this highly interactive and supported online learning journey, you’ll walk away with:
- The insight to anticipate which areas in your sector have the greatest potential to be impacted by AI applications
- Knowledge of the different forms of intelligence and how they relate to the hierarchy of tasks
- The ability to develop a business case for the application of AI in your organisation
- An understanding of machine learning workflows for supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning
- The skill to analyse the ethical principles that your organisation should instil for its AI applications
- A certificate from Oxford Saïd as validation of your newfound AI knowledge and skills
Leveraging the knowledge of industry experts and thought leaders from across the University of Oxford, this programme will cover the following topics:
- Orientation Module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1: AI: What is all the hype about?
- Module 2: AI's engine room: How do machines learn from data?
- Module 3: Current frontiers: Deep learning and the latest trends in AI
- Module 4: Working with intelligent machines
- Module 5: Setting the boundaries of AI
- Module 6: Making a business case for AI
* This Oxford Artificial Intelligence Programme is currently being developed by Oxford Saïd, in collaboration with GetSmarter. The details above are illustrative of the final course, however may be subject to change.
Your Programme Convenor
PROFESSOR MATTHIAS HOLWEG
American Standard Companies Professor of Operations Management
Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
Matthias is an industrial engineer by training and he is interested in how organisations generate and sustain process improvement practices. His research focuses on the evolution and adaption of process improvement methodologies as they are being applied across manufacturing, service, office and public sector contexts. His award-winning papers on the genealogy of lean production and the evolution of lean thinking philosophy are amongst the most widely cited works in the field. Together with John Bicheno, he is also co-author of 'The Lean Toolbox', a practitioner guide to lean transformation that has sold more than 100,000 copies across five editions and is available in English, Danish, Swedish and Chinese.
More recently, Matthias has started working on digital operations, and in particular the economics of additive manufacturing (3D printing), in order to determine how to use this set of new technologies to generate competitive advantage. He is particularly interested in identifying the role that digital manufacturing will play in supporting process improvement, reshaping product offerings, and changing the nature of competition. He also leads the Digitally Empowered Enterprise Lab at Saïd Business School, which brings together the many strands of research within the School related to the digital transformation.
“AI is a fascinating technology that is entering every aspect of our work and daily lives. It improves existing products and processes, and also fosters disruptive innovation. We need to embrace it, while also defining its legal and ethical boundaries within our organisations, and society as a whole.“ - Professor Matthias Holweg, Programme Convenor
Discover how AI is changing your future with #OxfordAI
Earn a certificate of attendance from Oxford Saïd
Receive Oxford Artificial Intelligence Programme certification in the form of a certificate of attendance from Saïd Business School, University of Oxford as recognition of the industry-leading competencies you’ve developed. Validate the knowledge and skills you’ve received over the course of this Oxford Artificial Intelligence Programme, and use it to set yourself apart as a future-minded innovator.
Your certificate of attendance will be issued in your legal name and couriered to you, at no additional cost, upon successful completion of the programme, as per the stipulated requirements. All certificate of attendance images are for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change at the discretion of the University.
This Oxford Artificial Intelligence Programme is currently being developed by Oxford Saïd, in collaboration with GetSmarter. The details above are illustrative of the final course, however may be subject to change.