As productivity and profit become increasingly dependent on employee engagement levels, human resource (HR) managers, top-level executives and business owners need to use advanced HR practices to motivate and develop their workforce.
Master the strategic complexities of human resource management, such as the integration of advanced HR into financial planning, the recruitment and hire of executive-level staff, and how best to align human resources with a company's overall strategy.
In just 8 weeks, you’ll become a strategic partner and better leader in your organisation, backed by a certificate in human resource management from UCT.Download course prospectus
What will set you apart
Walk away from this advanced HR online course as a Human Resource Manager with the skills to:
- Understand the strategic function of HR management, and apply it to meet challenges unique to the industry
- Investigate a competency development model that provides for high performance, sequential development and career planning
- Explore a succession planning process to recruit, develop and retain talent in senior levels of resource management
- Retain top talent and strategically leverage the value that employees bring to your organisation with the knowledge from this advanced human resource management course from UCT
This advanced human resource management online short course covers everything from improved talent acquisition to training executive-level leaders.
- Orientation Module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1: Strategic models and frameworks for HR competencies
- Course Module 2: Diagnose an organisation's HR functions and conduct a stakeholder analysis
- Course Module 3: Learn to increase the agility of an organisation and make use of an HRIS
- Course Module 4: Learn how to acquire the best talent to suit an organisation in the 21st century
- Course Module 5: Discover how to measure, encourage and optimise performance
- Course Module 6: Learn best practice for talent management and the development of company culture
- Course Module 7: Managing risk
- Course Module 8: Learn how to manage leadership succession and about HR approaches into the future
Earn a certificate from the University of Cape Town (UCT)
On completion of this course you'll earn a certificate from a top-tier University as powerful proof of your new competencies. Use it to set yourself apart from the rest and get recognised in the job market.
Disclaimer: The visual representation of the certificate here serves as an exemplar, and may be subject to change at the discretion of the University.
Your teaching team
At GetSmarter, we improve lives through better education. One of the ways that we achieve this is by bringing rich industry context to an academic environment through our expert facilitation and engagement. We work with university faculty and industry experts to provide a practical, industry lens on the world's leading university subjects.
Training & Personal Development Specialist
This Readiness Test will help you assess your preparedness for this course by asking you a few quick questions relating to time management, technological requirements, your expectations, and the subject matter level - to help you confirm that this online course is the right fit for you.TAKE THE TEST
Still have a question? These may help
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
You can either pay your tuition fees in full before the course starts, or you may opt for a two-part payment plan for courses nine weeks and shorter. For courses ten weeks or longer, there is a three-part payment plan available. To find out more on payment options please visit our Payment and Financing page.
If you want to find out more about any of these options or you want to know which you qualify for please get in contact with a Course Consultant here.
WILL I HAVE THE TIME?
GetSmarter's learning model is designed to help you, as a working professional, improve your skills without compromising on work and family responsibilities. The course work is broken up into weekly, manageable bite-sized modules, with incremental deadlines, designed to help you pace yourself over the duration of the course and allow you the legroom to work when it suits you best.
At the beginning of each week you'll be presented with all the lectures, notes and assignments necessary for completion. You also have access to your Success Manager who will help you set goals and track key milestones, manage your time, and field any administrative requests you might have.
CAN MY EMPLOYER ASSIST WITH PAYMENT?
By improving your skills and industry knowledge, you'll be having an influence on the success of your organisation.
Why wouldn't you ask your boss to help you fund your studies if it's going to have an impact on the way you do business?
37% of our past students receive financial assistance from their employers. You can ask for help, too. Here is a guide to show you how to receive financial assistance from your employer.
WHAT IS THE ONLINE CAMPUS?
The Online Campus will be your virtual classroom for the duration of your course. Through its easy-to-use interface you'll have access to a diverse variety of course content formats, including: interactive video lectures, module notes, practice quizzes, Prezis, assignment briefs, and additional web resources.
On the Online Campus, you'll also be able to ask questions and interact with your fellow students and Head Tutor through the Online Campus discussion forums. If you're experiencing tech issues or need advice from your personal Success Manager, you can use the Online Campus to get in touch.
More courses recommended for you
Download Course Prospectus
Want to know more?
Enter your details below to download a PDF course prospectus and receive related course updates.
Implementing a screen reader to process this form? Please email us on email@example.com for further assistance.