Technological advances, economic changes and shifting consumer demands have reformed the exporting and importing of goods and services today.
You have the opportunity to master import and export management, react to foreign market changes and adapt to an increasingly global marketplace with an international trading course from UCT.
Gain export and import training and learn to tap into new markets and maximise trade opportunities with this course in import and export management.View course trailerDownload course prospectus
What will set you apart
Over the 11 weeks of this import and export course, you'll:
- Develop your operational and commercial import and export skills, and manage the financial risk and documentation regarding international trade
- Understand the global trade environment, international trading agreements and customs procedures
- Acquire international marketing knowledge, including how culture affects import and export demand
- Leave the import and export course with workplace ready skills and a certificate recognised by Africa’s leading University
This import and export course covers everything from legal frameworks surrounding goods transportation to international sourcing of materials and international trading.
- Orientation module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1: Global trade environment
- Course Module 2: Global monetary links
- Course Module 3: South Africa’s international trade
- Course Module 4: Cultural factors in international buying and selling
- Course Module 5: International marketing and sourcing
- Course Module 6: Financial risk management
- Course Module 7: International transport and the movement of goods
- Course Module 8: Incoterms®
- Course Module 9: Export costing and payment
- Course Module 10: Import and export documentation and legal procedures
- Course Module 11: Legal aspects of international trade and effective international agents and traders
Earn a certificate from the University of Cape Town (UCT)
On completion of this course you earn a certificate from a top-tier university as powerful proof of your new competencies and use it to set yourself apart from the rest and get recognised in the job market.
Disclaimer: The visual representation of the certificate here serves as an exemplar, and may be subject to change at the discretion of the University.
Your teaching team
At GetSmarter, we improve lives through better education. One of the ways that we achieve this is by bringing rich industry context to an academic environment through our expert facilitation and engagement. We work with university faculty and industry experts to provide a practical, industry lens on the world's leading university subjects.
International Trade Expert
MELINDA DU PREEZ
International Trade Expert
Still have a question? These may help
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
You can either pay your tuition fees in full before the course starts, or you may opt for a two-part payment plan for courses nine weeks and shorter. For courses ten weeks or longer, there is a three-part payment plan available. To find out more on payment options please visit our Payment and Financing page.
If you want to find out more about any of these options or you want to know which you qualify for please get in contact with a Course Consultant here.
WILL I HAVE THE TIME?
GetSmarter's learning model is designed to help you, as a working professional, improve your skills without compromising on work and family responsibilities. The course work is broken up into weekly, manageable bite-sized modules, with incremental deadlines, designed to help you pace yourself over the duration of the course and allow you the legroom to work when it suits you best.
At the beginning of each week you'll be presented with all the lectures, notes and assignments necessary for completion. You also have access to your Success Manager who will help you set goals and track key milestones, manage your time, and field any administrative requests you might have.
CAN MY EMPLOYER ASSIST WITH PAYMENT?
By improving your skills and industry knowledge, you'll be having an influence on the success of your organisation.
Why wouldn't you ask your boss to help you fund your studies if it's going to have an impact on the way you do business?
37% of our past students receive financial assistance from their employers. You can ask for help, too. Here is a guide to show you how to receive financial assistance from your employer.
WHAT IS THE ONLINE CAMPUS?
The Online Campus will be your virtual classroom for the duration of your course. Through its easy-to-use interface you'll have access to a diverse variety of course content formats, including: interactive video lectures, module notes, practice quizzes, Prezis, assignment briefs, and additional web resources.
On the Online Campus, you'll also be able to ask questions and interact with your fellow students and Head Tutor through the Online Campus discussion forums. If you're experiencing tech issues or need advice from your personal Success Manager, you can use the Online Campus to get in touch.
More courses recommended for you
Download Course Prospectus
Want to know more?
Enter your details below to download a PDF course prospectus and receive related course updates.
Implementing a screen reader to process this form? Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.