- Course starts:*
- 17 July 2019
*Estimated time frame
- 6 weeks, excluding orientation
- 7 - 10 hours per week, entirely online
- Price: $3 500
- UC Berkeley School of Information
The course is launching soon
Do you want to use your knowledge of the business implications of machine learning to gain a competitive edge in business? Adopters of machine learning can make that impact.
Machine learning (a subset of artificial intelligence [AI]) explores how machines use programmed algorithms to learn, without being explicitly instructed on how to learn. Understanding the intricacies of AI will provide you with the insight needed to direct machine learning processes in your organization, by optimizing data and model management practices to solve business problems.
The UC Berkeley School of Information recognizes that a foundational knowledge of machine learning provides decision-makers with the opportunities for insightful analytics in a data-driven world. The Machine Learning online short course – ideal for mid to senior managers – helps you gain practical insight into machine learning and its applications, to stay ahead with this evolving technology.
Managers will gain a realistic business perspective on machine learning, and don’t need a technical background to benefit from this course. This online short course emphasizes the importance of establishing communication and collaboration between technical and business-oriented teams to operationalize machine learning in cross-functional work.
After successfully completing this highly interactive and supported online learning journey, you will walk away with:
- The knowledge, skills, and ability to effectively oversee the deployment of machine learning within your organization
- The ability to recognize how machine learning offers solutions for your business
- Knowledge of data and model management as it pertains to machine learning
- Discern the effectiveness of machine learning in the business environment
- Learn to communicate your machine learning strategy within and to an organization
- Earn a certificate of completion from the UC Berkeley School of Information as validation of your newfound knowledge of machine learning
Leveraging the knowledge of industry experts and thought leaders from the UC Berkeley School of Information, this course will cover the following topics:
- Module 1: Solving business problems with machine learning
- Module 2: Ethics and due process
- Module 3: Measuring and evaluating model performance
- Module 4: Neural networks for business
- Module 5: Model productionalization
- Module 6: Justifying an organizational machine learning approach
This Machine Learning online short course is currently being developed by the UC Berkeley School of Information, in collaboration with GetSmarter. The details above are illustrative of the final course, however may be subject to change.