While technology in education is not a silver bullet that can solve all of the challenges facing the contemporary educational landscape, if effectively used, teaching with technology can have a pronounced impact on addressing some of the most critical challenges facing South Africa’s teachers today.
Whether you’re a teacher in the primary, secondary, tertiary and higher education sectors; an instructional designer; or are interested in the field of educational technology, this course focused on technology in education is a great tool for improving your teaching methods and strategies through the use of technology in your classroom.
Have a greater impact on the lives of your students by using technology for teaching in your classroom with this teaching with technology online course.Download course prospectus
What will set you apart
Through this 12-week education technology course, you’ll be able to:
- Expand your teaching opportunities by having a practical knowledge of how to integrate educational technology into teaching in the most effective way
- Better engage your students and enrich their learning experience by understanding how different types of educational technology - such as gamification- can be used for teaching activities
- Take on new responsibilities in the education or training sector through your ability to create a blended learning environment and to operate a Learning Management System that elevates technology in education
Take your teaching strategies to a new level by learning how to integrate technology in education. With a personalised and supported framework, you’ll study in your own time, guided by industry experts and a dedicated support team. Here’s what you’ll cover:
- Orientation Module: Welcome to the Virtual Learning Environment
- Course Module 1: Pedagogy and the technology-enhanced classroom
- Course Module 2: Effective instructional strategies
- Course Module 3: Implementing technology-enhanced teaching
- Course Module 4: Integrating Personal Learning Devices
- Course Module 5: Creating a blended learning environment
- Course Module 6: Using collaborative and interactive learning tools
- Course Module 7: Using gamification and e-Learning simulations
- Course Module 8: Employing online feedback and assessment tools
- Course Module 9: Benefitting from an appropriate Learning Management System
- Course Module 10: Integrating technology into curriculum planning
- Course Module 11: Evaluating the effectiveness of technology-enhanced teaching
- Course Module 12: Refining your curriculum plan
Earn a certificate from the University of the Witwatersrand
On completion of this course, you'll earn a certificate from a top-tier university as powerful proof of your new competencies and use it to set yourself apart from the rest and get recognised in the job market.
Disclaimer: The visual representation of the certificate here serves as an exemplar, and may be subject to change at the discretion of the University.
Your teaching team
At GetSmarter, we improve lives through better education. One of the ways that we achieve this is by bringing rich industry context to an academic environment through our expert facilitation and engagement. We work with university faculty and industry experts to provide a practical, industry lens on the world's leading university subjects.
KOBUS VAN WYK
Get More Information
Enter your information below to receive the course prospectus from GetSmarter.
Implementing a screen reader to process this form? Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.* Required fields
Still have a question? These may help
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
You can either pay your tuition fees in full before the course starts, or you may opt for a two-part payment plan for courses nine weeks and shorter. For courses ten weeks or longer, there is a three-part payment plan available. To find out more on payment options please visit our Payment and Financing page.
If you want to find out more about any of these options or you want to know which you qualify for please get in contact with a Course Consultant here.
WILL I HAVE THE TIME?
GetSmarter's learning model is designed to help you, as a working professional, improve your skills without compromising on work and family responsibilities. The course work is broken up into weekly, manageable bite-sized modules, with incremental deadlines, designed to help you pace yourself over the duration of the course and allow you the legroom to work when it suits you best.
At the beginning of each week you'll be presented with all the lectures, notes and assignments necessary for completion. You also have access to your Success Manager who will help you set goals and track key milestones, manage your time, and field any administrative requests you might have.
CAN MY EMPLOYER ASSIST WITH PAYMENT?
By improving your skills and industry knowledge, you'll be having an influence on the success of your organisation.
Why wouldn't you ask your boss to help you fund your studies if it's going to have an impact on the way you do business?
37% of our past students receive financial assistance from their employers. You can ask for help, too. Here is a guide to show you how to receive financial assistance from your employer.
WHAT IS THE ONLINE CAMPUS?
The Online Campus will be your virtual classroom for the duration of your course. Through its easy-to-use interface you'll have access to a diverse variety of course content formats, including: interactive video lectures, module notes, practice quizzes, Prezis, assignment briefs, and additional web resources.
On the Online Campus, you'll also be able to ask questions and interact with your fellow students and Head Tutor through the Online Campus discussion forums. If you're experiencing tech issues or need advice from your personal Success Manager, you can use the Online Campus to get in touch.