UNIVERSITY OF STELLENBOSCH BUSINESS SCHOOL EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT (USB-ED)
Women in Leadership online short course
The course is launching soon
By the end of 2016, 33% of international businesses had no women in senior management roles.1 You have the opportunity to assist in the empowerment of female leaders in business through the strategic activation of the women around you.
The Women in Leadership online short course from the University of Stellenbosch Business School Executive Development (USB-ED) will help you identify professional obstacles unique to women in leadership while you develop the strategies to overcome them.
After successfully completing this highly interactive and supported online learning journey, you’ll walk away with:
- A deeper understanding of work-related issues affecting women both locally and abroad
- The strategies necessary to overcome these developmental hurdles and advance your career
- A certificate from Stellenbosch University as validation of your newfound knowledge and commitment to business leadership
Leveraging the knowledge of industry experts and thought leaders from USB-ED, this course will cover the following topics:
- Orientation Module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1: Unconscious gender bias in the workplace
- Course Module 2: Developing a leadership identity
- Course Module 3: Communicating and negotiating with power
- Course Module 4: Team development and optimising performance
- Course Module 5: Social Capital
- Course Module 6: Overcoming barriers
- Course Module 7: Women as strategic leaders
- Course Module 8: The importance of diversity
This USB-ED online certificate course is currently being developed by the University of Stellenbosch Business School Executive Development, in collaboration with GetSmarter. The details above are illustrative of the final course, however may be subject to change.